Friday, July 29, 2005
1. A light truck with an open body and low sides and a tailboard.
2. A warrant to take someone into custody.
3. Anything with restorative powers.
4. A casual acquaintance; often made in hope of sexual relationships.
5. The attribute of being capable of rapid acceleration.
6. Mechanical device consisting of a light balanced arm that carries the cartridge.
7. An electro-acoustic transducer that is the part of the arm of a record player that holds the needle and that is removable.
8. The act or process of picking up or collecting from various places.
9. The act of taking aboard passengers or freight.
10. The apparatus for transmitting a broadcast from an outside place to the broadcasting station.
11. The rotary rake on a piece of machinery, such as a harvester, that picks up windrowed hay or straw.
12. Previous journalistic copy to which succeeding copy is added.
13. In accounting, a balance brought forward.
14. The act of striking or fielding a ball after it has touched the ground.
Being, relating to, or involving a group of people assembled informally for a temporary purpose.